Ms. Hilderbrand is a member of the National Association of Teaches of Singing (NATS).
BEGINNING VOICE STUDENTS:
Everybody needs to start somewhere and for many in Seattle, my North Seattle studio is that place. For those that have never (or hardly ever) sung before, this is a great place to start. I want to make sure that you are singing correctly and having fun. Try this low-pressure approach to improving your voice.
Beginning students will focus on:
- Matching Pitch!
- Reading Rhythms!
- Supporting Their Sound!
- Choosing Music For Your Strengths!
INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED VOICE STUDENTS:
Take your skills to the next level by improving your technique while working on your performance skills. These students will participate in a quarterly recital or equivalent performance opportunity.
- Expand Your Range!
- Take Control Of Your Breath!
- Work On Phrasing And Performance!
- Learn About Melodic Progression!
- Ensure Your Vocal Safety!
- Increase Longevity!
- Improve Your Technique!
- "From the start, Carla was genuinely interested in my progress as a vocalist. I sing in a rock and roll band, but Carla is classically trained and can teach students interested in any genre. I learned valuable techniques for keeping my vocal chords healthy and my high range jumped up about two steps! For speed, Carla gets a 3 because a steady pace is a good thing. Rushing it will slow overall progress in the long run. Punctuality is up to the student, but Carla is always there, so she gets a 5. Everything else is top notch on her part. She will work with you on your goals as a singer and she will make the lessons fun. I strongly recommend her teaching." -Joey
- "I have been having a great time learning from Carla. She is very, very patient as I struggle (at times) to go forward into a new experience. She intuitively understands where I am as I go along, is very positive in rewarding my accomplishments. Homework is pertinent to what I wish to accomplish and she suggests things like going to Compline and the opera to more fully grasp the nature of music. Sort of like a one person field trip! I continue to look forward to each new lesson and I feel very positive about myself and my abilities because of her teaching method, personality, and her complete grasp of the subject matter." - Mike
|Voice Studio Rates:
||1 Hour: $80
||1/2 Hour: $40|